There are set goals and objectives for every worthwhile endeavor. Selecting or buying a PC system is an endeavor worth meeting its goals and objectives. modern PC hardware are such that are built to meet different human needs. There is however the need to tally with needed and appropriate application software.
System Analysis: before embarking on buying or selecting a PC, there is need to carry out complete analysis of the manual routine or duties where it is a new endeavor to be embarked on, there should be a concise analysis of such project or work. this will help to identify the different aspects of software to be used for its implementation and the type of hardware devices to march processes and the software.
Software selection: The processes involved in the task will determine the type of application software to be used. such processes can be in form of word processing,accounting,payroll,architectural and engineering designs,data collection etc. this will be a guild to the appropriate application software to be used. there are varieties of already developed software packages that are sold in computer shops.
Hadware selection: Having done a proper system analysis and selection appropriate operating system and application software march the functions and to meet the desired goals and objectives, there is then need to select the appropriate computer hardware that is quite compatible with both the selected operating system and application packages. there are some factors that will guide one in selecting the right computer software.
- Software compatibility: The computer hardware to be used should be able to run both the operating system and application system software without problem. for an example, a 32 bit operating system software will not properly run on 16 bit 80386 processor, Pentium ii,iv should be preferred.
- Speed: Modern system software have an extension instruction to execute. It will be good waiting for long time before having your output. select a computer hardware that will tally with the speed that is up to 500MGz, 800MGz, 3.0GHz and above.
- Reliability: The type of PC hardware to be selected should be such that is very reliable. you can consult computer engineer or experienced technologist to carry out necessary tests to ascertain its reliability before having the PC fit for the shop, on the other hand ensure that some monitor guarantee is given to you by the dealer.
- Hardware compatibility: The compatibility of the PC hardware to be selected with other existing PCs is very essential. if you are carrying out a task or project that needs exchange of data with other organization or firms using diskettes, your PC hardware and software must be compatible with such other organization firms hardware compatibility will also ease repair problems by using parts other compatible PCs.
- Maintainability: The ability to easily source the parts and accessories of the hardware to be selected is very vital, this will reduce system downtime.
- Availability: Such a PC hardware to be selected should be readily available to reduce cost and to remove the risk of not sourcing the part when needed.
- Portability: There may be need of transporting the PC to another location generally modern PCs are portable but there are cases that notebook computer will be preferred.
- Affordability: Due to technological breakthrough in PC production, its cost is quite considerable and is becoming more and more affordable to individuals and organizations. With what is obtainable in PC market today you can easily march cost with the above conditions to meet your goals and objectives in computerization.
THE AUTHOR IS WISHING YOU THE BEST IN THIS ENDEAVOR